Postman Interview Experience for SDE Intern | Off-Campus 2020
I applied for SDE Intern-2020 at Postman through its official website. On the same day, I received a link to an online coding test at Hackerrank.
Online Test: The test consisted of 17 MCQ and 3 coding questions. The MCQ were mostly based on OS, DBMS, Data Structures, and CN. The coding questions were:
Hey geek! It's time to become a success story instead of reading them. Check out our most renowned DSA Self Paced Course, now at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. And if you are looking for a more complete interview preparation resource, check out Complete Interview Preparation Course that will prepare you for the SDE role of your dreams!
Feeling prepared enough for your interview? Test your skills with our Test Series that will help you prepare for top companies like Amazon, Microsoft, TCS, Wipro, Google and many more!
- Recycling Cartridge: This can be solved using Binary Search
- It was based on the two-pointer concept.
- File Handling: This can be easily done using python.
After I gave my test I received a call from HR and I scheduled the technical interview.
Technical Interview(ZOOM): I started the interview by introducing myself and my projects. My projects were based on Deep Learning, so he asked why I had done projects only in Deep Learning.
I told him that I had some experience in Backend too.
He started asking me questions based on CN, DBMS, NodeJS, and no questions on DSA, CP.
The questions were:
- What is Nodejs?
- What is the application of Nodejs? I told him about a web based chat application.
- Asked me which tech is used for making a chat application? I told him sockets.
- What is the difference between Http and Https?
- What are TCP connections?
- What is indexing?
- How passwords are stored in the Database?
- How to make a database for Chat Application?
I answered all the questions after discussing every question. After 10 days I got a mail that I won’t be considered for further rounds.
So I would like to tell you that have strong knowledge of Nodejs, DBMS, CN.