We have to print an arithmetic progressive series in PHP, between two given numbers a and b both including, with a given common arithmetic difference of d.
Input : $a = 200, $b = 250, $d = 10 Output : 200, 210, 220, 230, 240, 250 Input : $a = 10, $b = 100, $d = 20 Output : 10, 30, 50, 70, 90
This problem can be solved using loops by iterating from $a to $b and incrementing the loop variable by $d. But in PHP we can also make use of some inbuilt functions to solve this particular problem.
We will have to use the below two functions for this purpose:
- range() function: This function is used to create an array of elements of any kind such as integer, alphabets within a given range(from low to high) i.e, list’s first element is considered as low and last one is considered as high.
- implode() function: If we have an array of elements, we can use the implode() function to join them all to form one string. We basically join array elements with a string.
The idea to solve this problem using the above two inbuilt functions is to first use the range() function to generate an array of values between $a and $b where the values are incremented by $d. After generating the array we will use the implode() function to create a string from the array where elements will be separated by comma(,) separator.
1, 16, 31, 46, 61, 76, 91
- Program to print Arithmetic Progression series
- Program for N-th term of Arithmetic Progression series
- Arithmetic Progression
- Longest Arithmetic Progression | DP-35
- Ratio of mth and nth term in an Arithmetic Progression (AP)
- Check whether Arithmetic Progression can be formed from the given array
- Count of AP (Arithmetic Progression) Subsequences in an array
- Find the missing number in Arithmetic Progression
- Longest arithmetic progression with the given common difference
- Count common elements in two arrays which are in Arithmetic Progression
- Minimum De-arrangements present in array of AP (Arithmetic Progression)
- Change one element in the given array to make it an Arithmetic Progression
- Convert given array to Arithmetic Progression by adding an element
- Longest string in non-decreasing order of ASCII code and in arithmetic progression
- Minimum elements inserted in a sorted array to form an Arithmetic progression
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.