When we do projects then it includes multiple modules where each module divided into multiple files and each file containing many lines of code. So when we declare a function somewhere in the files and forget that what the function was doing or want to change the code of that function but can’t find that where the function is! So this article will help you to find the location of the function.
In order to get the location of the function in PHP we can use the inbuilt class ReflectionFunction(). When the name of the function regarding which we are requiring details is passed to the class constructor, it gets several details regarding that function.
- getFileName: It returns the file location of the function.
- getNumberOfParameters: It returns the number of parameters passed to the function.
- getStartLine: It return the starting line of the function.
$details = new ReflectionFunction('function_name');
Then use the above functions to access whatever you need. Paste the below code into main code and you will get the details of that function.
Steps to run the code:
- Create a file named as file_name.php
- Copy the above given code into the file.
- Save the file into your localhost server folder. In the case of WampServer the look for the folder ‘www’ inside ‘wamp64’ folder in C drive and save the file there.
- Run your wamp server.
- Open any browser and type localhost/fun.php to get the following output.
C:\wamp64\www\file_name.php : 2
Below examples illustrates the ReflectionFunction in PHP:
Example 1: Suppose in the given code we want to find the location of the function ‘printing’. In the output, the filename and location of the function printing can be seen.
File location : /home/7de5f19b219d214c719df5f3839a7f61.php, Starting line : 2, Parametrs passed : 0
Example 2: Suppose in the given code we want to find the location of the function ‘geeks’. In the output, the filename, location, start line and the parameter passed of the function geeks can be seen.
File location :/home/dd96d70bdf5ff03fea0ea24110bae9ff.php Starting line :7 No. of parametrs passed :0
- PHP | defined() function
- How to get random value out of an array in PHP?
- How to create responsive website zoomed out to full width on mobile using Bootstrap?
- List out all the Shells Using Linux Commands
- How to link back out of a folder using the a-href tag?
- How to zoom-in and zoom-out image using ReactJS?
- How to create an unordered_map of user defined class in C++?
- How to create an unordered_set of user defined class or struct in C++?
- How to create a Java HashMap of user defined class type?
- How to create a user defined javap tool?
- Why error "$ is not defined" occurred in jQuery ?
- How to specify a list of pre-defined options for input controls in HTML5?
- How to detect which one of the defined font was used in a web page?
- D3.js line.defined() method
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.