Given first term (a), common difference (d) and a integer N of the Arithmetic Progression series, the task is to find Nthterm of the series.
Input : a = 2 d = 1 N = 5 Output : The 5th term of the series is : 6 Input : a = 5 d = 2 N = 10 Output : The 10th term of the series is : 23
We know the Arithmetic Progression series is like = 2, 5, 8, 11, 14 …. …
In this series 2 is the stating term of the series .
Common difference = 5 – 2 = 3 (Difference common in the series).
so we can write the series as :
t1 = a1
t2 = a1 + (2-1) * d
t3 = a1 + (3-1) * d
tN = a1 + (N-1) * d
To find the Nth term in the Arithmetic Progression series we use the simple formula .
TN = a1 + (N-1) * d
The 5th term of the series is : 6
- Program for N-th term of Geometric Progression series
- Program to print Arithmetic Progression series
- PHP program to print an arithmetic progression series using inbuilt functions
- Ratio of mth and nth term in an Arithmetic Progression (AP)
- Program for sum of arithmetic series
- Program to find Nth term of series 7, 21, 49, 91, 147, 217, ......
- Program to find Nth term of series 9, 23, 45, 75, 113...
- Program to find Nth term in the series 0, 0, 2, 1, 4, 2, 6, 3, 8,...
- Program to find Nth term of series 1, 3, 12, 60, 360…
- Program to find the nth term of the series -2, 4, -6, 8....
- Program to find nth term of the series 1 4 15 24 45 60 92
- Program to find the Nth term of the series 0, 3/1, 8/3, 15/5........
- Program to find N-th term of the series a, b, b, c, c, c,.......
- Program to get the Sum of series: 1 - x^2/2! + x^4/4! -.... upto nth term
- Program to find the Nth term of the series 3, 20, 63, 144, 230, ……
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : jit_t