OLA Cabs Interview Experience | Set 4 (For SDE 2)
I was recently interviewed for SDE 2 position at OlaCabs.
Round 1 (around 1 hour)
Design and implement a logging library. Preferred language was Java.
– There can be multiple appenders – like file, network, db etc. Should be easy to add appenders.
– Library should be easily configurable.
– Message format should be configurable.
– Logger should not add additional overhead.
– Must log to all appenders simultaneously.
Hey geek! It's time to become a success story instead of reading them. Check out our most renowned DSA Self Paced Course, now at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. And if you are looking for a more complete interview preparation resource, check out Complete Interview Preparation Course that will prepare you for the SDE role of your dreams!
Feeling prepared enough for your interview? Test your skills with our Test Series that will help you prepare for top companies like Amazon, Microsoft, TCS, Wipro, Google and many more!
Round 2 (around 1 hour)
Discussion on the design and the code you have written in round 1.
Was asked questions like concurrency handling etc.
Round 3 (1 hour)
– Application monitoring – how will you handle data coming from various applications?
– Ola operates within city limits (a fixed area). How to determine a user is inside that area and then show him available cabs. (Simpler problem is how to determine whether a point is inside a ploygon or not).
– Given an array containing 0,1,2. Sort them maintaining the order in which they were in the original array.
Round 4(Managerial Round – 45 mins)
Basic questions like – your strengths, weeknesses, best moment, worst moment, why want to change, why ola?
Overall it was a good experience.
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article and mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.