Python supports a type of container like dictionaries called “namedtuples()” present in module, “collections“. Like dictionaries they contain keys that are hashed to a particular value. But on contrary, it supports both access from key value and iteration, the functionality that dictionaries lack.
Operations on namedtuple() :
1. Access by index : The attribute values of namedtuple() are ordered and can be accessed using the index number unlike dictionaries which are not accessible by index.
2. Access by keyname : Access by keyname is also allowed as in dictionaries.
3. using getattr() :- This is yet another way to access the value by giving namedtuple and key value as its argument.
The Student age using index is : 19 The Student name using keyname is : Nandini The Student DOB using getattr() is : 2541997
1. _make() :- This function is used to return a namedtuple() from the iterable passed as argument.
2. _asdict() :- This function returns the OrdereDict() as constructed from the mapped values of namedtuple().
3. using “**” (double star) operator :- This function is used to convert a dictionary into the namedtuple().
The namedtuple instance using iterable is : Student(name='Manjeet', age='19', DOB='411997') The OrderedDict instance using namedtuple is : OrderedDict([('name', 'Nandini'), ('age', '19'), ('DOB', '2541997')]) The namedtuple instance from dict is : Student(name='Nikhil', age=19, DOB='1391997')
1. _fields :- This function is used to return all the keynames of the namespace declared.
2. _replace() :- This function is used to change the values mapped with the passed keyname.
All the fields of students are : ('name', 'age', 'DOB') The modified namedtuple is : Student(name='Manjeet', age='19', DOB='2541997')
This article is contributed by Manjeet Singh. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Python - Read blob object in python using wand library
- twitter-text-python (ttp) module - Python
- Python | Convert list to Python array
- Python | PRAW - Python Reddit API Wrapper
- Reading Python File-Like Objects from C | Python
- MySQL-Connector-Python module in Python
- Important differences between Python 2.x and Python 3.x with examples
- Python | Merge Python key values to list
- Python | Index of Non-Zero elements in Python list
- Python | Add Logging to Python Libraries
- Python | Sort Python Dictionaries by Key or Value
- Python | Set 4 (Dictionary, Keywords in Python)
- Python | Add Logging to a Python Script
- Python | Visualizing O(n) using Python
- bin() in Python
- SQL using Python | Set 1
- Python if else
- max() and min() in Python
- chr() in Python
Improved By : BengalTiger