The filter() method filters the given sequence with the help of a function that tests each element in the sequence to be true or not.
filter(function, sequence) Parameters: function: function that tests if each element of a sequence true or not. sequence: sequence which needs to be filtered, it can be sets, lists, tuples, or containers of any iterators. Returns: returns an iterator that is already filtered.
The filtered letters are: e e
It is normally used with Lambda functions to separate list, tuple, or sets.
[1, 3, 5, 13] [0, 2, 8]
Please refer Python Lambda functions for more details.
- Python | Pandas dataframe.filter()
- Python | Pandas Series.filter()
- Python | Filter even values from a list
- Lambda and filter in Python Examples
- Python | Filter dictionary of tuples by condition
- Python | Filter the negative values from given dictionary
- Python | Unique dictionary filter in list
- Python PIL | Image filter with ImageFilter module
- Python | Filter out integers from float numpy array
- Python lambda (Anonymous Functions) | filter, map, reduce
- Python - Filter float strings from String list
- Python | Filter tuples according to list element presence
- Python | Filter dictionary key based on the values in selective list
- Intersection of two arrays in Python ( Lambda expression and filter function )
- Python | Filter list of strings based on the substring list
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.