The filter() method filters the given sequence with the help of a function that tests each element in the sequence to be true or not.
filter(function, sequence) Parameters: function: function that tests if each element of a sequence true or not. sequence: sequence which needs to be filtered, it can be sets, lists, tuples, or containers of any iterators. Returns: returns an iterator that is already filtered.
The filtered letters are: e e
It is normally used with Lambda functions to separate list, tuple, or sets.
[1, 3, 5, 13] [0, 2, 8]
Please refer Python Lambda functions for more details.
- Python | Pandas Series.filter()
- Python | Filter even values from a list
- Python | Pandas dataframe.filter()
- Lambda and filter in Python Examples
- Python - Filter Non-None dictionary Keys
- Python | Filter the negative values from given dictionary
- Python - Filter above Threshold size Strings
- Python | Filter dictionary of tuples by condition
- Python PIL | Image filter with ImageFilter module
- Python | Unique dictionary filter in list
- Python - Filter Range Length Tuples
- Python | Filter Tuple Dictionary Keys
- Python - Filter float strings from String list
- Python | Filter tuples according to list element presence
- Python - Filter list elements starting with given Prefix
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.