Minimum volume of cone that can be circumscribed about a sphere of radius R
Given a sphere of radius R, The task is to find out the minimum volume of the cone that can be circumscribed about it.
Input: R = 10 Output: Volume of cone = 8373.33 Explanation: Radius of cone = 14.14 and Height of cone = 40, Volume of cone = So, volume = 8373.33 Input: R = 4 Output: Volume of cone = 535.89
we have given a sphere of radius R inscribed in Cone. We need to find out the radius and height of the cone to find out the volume of the cone.
- In triangle AOE and ALC compute sin(X) i.e. For triangle AOE and for triangle ALC
- Now, From equating both we get
- Insert the value of H in Volume i.e. and for volume to be minimum .
- From the above equation we get and putting this value in H we get
- Hence, applying the formula of volume of cone and putting and we get the desired result.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course.