Given a sphere of radius R, The task is to find out the minimum volume of the cone that can be circumscribed about it.
Input: R = 10 Output: Volume of cone = 8373.33 Explanation: Radius of cone = 14.14 and Height of cone = 40, Volume of cone = So, volume = 8373.33 Input: R = 4 Output: Volume of cone = 535.89
we have given a sphere of radius R inscribed in Cone. We need to find out the radius and height of the cone to find out the volume of the cone.
- In triangle AOE and ALC compute sin(X) i.e. For triangle AOE and for triangle ALC
- Now, From equating both we get
- Insert the value of H in Volume i.e. and for volume to be minimum .
- From the above equation we get and putting this value in H we get
- Hence, applying the formula of volume of cone and putting and we get the desired result.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.