Given a right circular cylinder of radius and height . The task is to find the radius of the biggest sphere that can be inscribed within it.
Input : r = 4, h = 8 Output : 4 Input : r = 5, h= 10 Output :5
Approach: From the diagram, it is clear that the radius of the sphere will be clearly equal to the base radius of cylinder.
So, R = r
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
# Python 3 Program to find the biggest
# sphere that can be fit within a right
# circular cylinder
# Function to find the biggest sphere
def sph(r, h):
# radius and height cannot
# be negative
if (r < 0 and h < 0): return -1 # radius of sphere R = r return float(R) # Driver code r, h = 4, 8 print(sph(r, h)) # This code is contributed # by PrinciRaj1992 [tabby title="C#"]
- Volume of largest right circular cylinder within a Sphere
- Largest sphere that can be inscribed in a right circular cylinder inscribed in a frustum
- Calculate Volume and Surface area Of Sphere
- Largest right circular cone that can be inscribed within a sphere
- Longest rod that can be inserted within a right circular cylinder
- Largest right circular cylinder within a cube
- Largest right circular cylinder within a frustum
- Largest cube that can be inscribed within a right circular cylinder
- Largest right circular cylinder that can be inscribed within a cone
- Percentage increase in volume of the sphere if radius is increased by a given percentage
- Largest sphere that can be inscribed within a cube which is in turn inscribed within a right circular cone
- Largest right circular cone that can be inscribed within a sphere which is inscribed within a cube
- Largest right circular cylinder that can be inscribed within a cone which is in turn inscribed within a cube
- Calculate Volume, Curved Surface Area and Total Surface Area Of Cylinder
- LS3/NS3 sphere generation algorithm and its implementation
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.