Given a string, we need to find the minimum number of rotations required to get the same string.
Input : s = "geeks" Output : 5 Input : s = "aaaa" Output : 1
The idea is based on below post.
Step 1 : Initialize result = 0 (Here result is count of rotations)
Step 2 : Take a temporary string equals to original string concatenated with itself.
Step 3 : Now take the substring of temporary string of size same as original string starting from second character (or index 1).
Step 4 : Increase the count.
Step 5 : Check whether the substring becomes equal to original string. If yes, then break the loop. Else go to step 2 and repeat it from the next index.
Time Complexity: O(n2)
This article is contributed by Jatin Goyal. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Minimum rotations required to get the same String | Set-2
- Minimum number of given operations required to convert a string to another string
- Minimum changes required to make first string substring of second string
- Minimum changes required such that the string satisfies the given condition
- Minimum operations required to convert a binary string to all 0s or all 1s
- Minimum swaps required to convert one binary string to another
- Minimum number of subsequences required to convert one string to another
- Minimum given operations required to convert a given binary string to all 1's
- Minimum operations required to make the string satisfy the given condition
- Minimum swaps required to make a binary string alternating
- Minimum swaps required to make a binary string divisible by 2^k
- Minimum cuts required to convert a palindromic string to a different palindromic string
- Rotations of a Binary String with Odd Value
- Generate all rotations of a given string
- Maximum contiguous 1 possible in a binary string after k rotations