Given a string, we need to find the minimum number of rotations required to get the same string.
Input : s = "geeks" Output : 5 Input : s = "aaaa" Output : 1
The idea is based on below post.
Step 1 : Initialize result = 0 (Here result is count of rotations)
Step 2 : Take a temporary string equals to original string concatenated with itself.
Step 3 : Now take the substring of temporary string of size same as original string starting from second character (or index 1).
Step 4 : Increase the count.
Step 5 : Check whether the substring becomes equal to original string. If yes, then break the loop. Else go to step 2 and repeat it from the next index.
Time Complexity: O(n2)
Alternate Implementation in Python :
This article is contributed by Jatin Goyal. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
Don’t stop now and take your learning to the next level. Learn all the important concepts of Data Structures and Algorithms with the help of the most trusted course: DSA Self Paced. Become industry ready at a student-friendly price.
- Minimum rotations required to get the same String | Set-2
- Minimum circular rotations to obtain a given numeric string by avoiding a set of given strings
- Minimum number of given operations required to convert a string to another string
- Minimum changes required to make first string substring of second string
- Minimum changes required such that the string satisfies the given condition
- Minimum flips required to keep all 1s together in a Binary string
- Count of rotations required to generate a sorted array
- Minimum swaps required to convert one binary string to another
- Minimum given operations required to convert a given binary string to all 1's
- Minimum operations required to convert a binary string to all 0s or all 1s
- Minimum number of subsequences required to convert one string to another
- Minimum jumps required to group all 1s together in a given Binary string
- Minimum number of swaps required to make the string K periodic
- Minimum flips required in a binary string such that all K-size substring contains 1
- Minimum operations required to make the string satisfy the given condition
- Minimum swaps required to make a binary string alternating
- Minimum swaps required to make a binary string divisible by 2^k
- Minimum flips required to form given binary string where every flip changes all bits to its right as well
- Minimum number of subsequences required to convert one string to another using Greedy Algorithm
- Minimum swaps required to move all vowels occurs after consonants in a given string