Given two strings s1 and s2, we need to find the minimum number of manipulations required to make two strings anagram without deleting any character.
Note:- The anagram strings have same set of characters, sequence of characters can be different.
If deletion of character is allowed and cost is given, refer to Minimum Cost To Make Two Strings Identical
Question Source: Yatra.com Interview Experience | Set 7
Input : s1 = "aba" s2 = "baa" Output : 0 Explanation: Both String contains identical characters Input : s1 = "ddcf" s2 = "cedk" Output : 2 Explanation : Here, we need to change two characters in either of the strings to make them identical. We can change 'd' and 'f' in s1 or 'e' and 'k' in s2.
Assumption: Length of both the Strings is considered similar
Time Complexity: O(n), where n is the length of the string.
This article is contributed by Sumit Ghosh. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Using Counter() in Python to find minimum character removal to make two strings anagram
- Least number of manipulations needed to ensure two strings have identical characters
- Remove minimum number of characters so that two strings become anagram
- Minimum number of given operations required to make two strings equal
- Find the minimum number of preprocess moves required to make two strings equal
- Minimum number of pairs required to make two strings same
- Minimum number of operations required to make two strings equal
- Check whether two strings are anagram of each other
- Python sorted() to check if two strings are anagram or not
- Check whether two Strings are Anagram of each other using HashMap in Java
- Number of sub-strings which are anagram of any sub-string of another string
- Minimize count of given operations required to make two given strings permutations of each other
- Make a string from another by deletion and rearrangement of characters
- Python counter and dictionary intersection example (Make a string using deletion and rearrangement)
- Longest common anagram subsequence from N strings
- Minimum number of adjacent swaps to convert a string into its given anagram
- Number of character corrections in the given strings to make them equal
- Convert string X to an anagram of string Y with minimum replacements
- Check if binary representations of two numbers are anagram
- Minimum steps to delete a string after repeated deletion of palindrome substrings