Mindtree Interview Experience | Off Campus 2021
Each round was an elimination round and all rounds were conducted in online mode.
Round 1: Written-test
- Aptitude(quant,logical,english) +Coding test ( 2 questions easy to medium level)
- Duration: 120 mins
Round 2: TR interview
- Duration: 20 -30 min
- How was your test?
- Have you done any certification courses?
- Explain coding ques done in test-dry run
- How much you will rate yourself out of 5 in oops and data structure and algorithm? ( I said ⅗)
- How many sorting algorithms are there?
- Which is a better sorting algorithm? ( explained diff scenario if the data set is small use quick sort like arrays or if data set is large use merge sort (like in LL))
- What is a hashmap?
- Can we store duplicate value in it?
- What is the heap?
- Can you increase the size of Array and LinkedList?
- What are the functions of strings?
- What is the difference between array and LinkedList?
- Can you implement a binary tree using arrays or LinkedList?
- What is MST?
- What is a priority queue? ( i gave one example also)
- How will you implement stack using queue? Explain ( push pop costly)
- What is a binary search tree?
- Difference between static and const variable?
- What is an abstract class?
- What is Overloading and overriding?
- Will the compiler throw error if two functions are with the same name? ( explain diff scenario of overloading )
- What is interface
- What are the Access modifiers? Explain
- What is a constructor?
- What is friend function?
- How will you make a class noninheritable
- What is sealed keyword
- what is exception handling?
- Can there be two catch statements?
- What is finally?
- How do garbage collectors work?
- Do you have any ques for me?
TIP: Try to explain with real-life examples to give a good impression.
I could answer 90% of the questions, I might have missed a few questions, but these are what I could remember at the moment.
Round 3: Hr interview
- Went for about 15 min
- He introduced himself
- Then asked for my introduction
- Asked about my hobbies ( I said reading and painting)
- We had a detailed discussion about the book I am reading and the storyline.
- How often do you code? What was the last problem you solved and how?
- What all programming languages do you know?
- What is a singleton set?
- What is your final year project? what is the team size?
- What problem do you face while working in a team?
- What challenges did you face while learning new things?
- What did you learn in the last year? ( I told about technical skills)
- What nontechnical things you did in the last year?
- When your final semester exams will get over?
- Do you have any offers at hand?
- Are you ready to relocate?
- Do you have a pan card?
- Do you have any questions for me?
Basically whatever you say be honest and confident about that.
Final Verdict: Offered
For reference you can go through this link for interview preparation :
ALL THE BEST