Interview experience from Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra
Round 1: Online Coding Round
This round was on CoCubes platform and consisted of 3 questions (2, 3 and 5 marks).
- Given a string, calculate the ASCII average of the characters (as float). [2 Marks]
- Given a number as a string, find the next greatest palindrome (return as String). [3 Marks]
- Rearrange a given linked list according to the order. [5 Marks]
This is a popular SPOJ question.
Other Questions that were asked :
101 students were shortlisted from 250+ applicants.
Round 2: Group-Fly Round
This was an interesting round. We were asked to design an Air Traffic Controller System. We had to write our ideas, data structures and algorithms on a paper. There were some additional constrains
- 4 AM – 6 AM is the busiest time of the day
- Air Traffic doubles on weekends and triples on holidays
- The Airport caters International, Domestic, Commercial and Private flights.
- Weather, medical emergency, etc are also to be taken care of
Apart from this, we had to create 5 tests for our system. We had to design and execute the test-cases. 45 minutes were given in total.
I used a multi-threading model and used important scheduling concepts like Semaphores.
29 students were selected for PI.
Round 3: Personal Interview
3 rounds of interview total.
In the first round, I was given 2 coding questions.
- Reverse an Integer only using Mathematical Operations.
- Given N natural numbers, 1 is missing, find the number. Then, the interviewer expanded the problem to find 2 or more missing numbers.
I had to write the code and run a few test cases as well.
The second round was again technical,
The interviewer asked me to implement a dictionary. I used Tries and HashMap. He later asked me to handle the cases of Auto-Correction and Text-Prediction (like modern search engines). I wrote the code as well and he asked me to explain it (Tries + DFS + String Handling). Then, we discussed about Search Engines and how user experience can be improved.
Then, he asked me about OOPS. What is Run time and Compile time polymorphism? Explain and give examples.
The third and the final round was with a senior manager,
He asked me everything about my projects and we had a discussion in detail. He liked the originality of my projects and was impressed by my work. Then, he asked me about my Google Summer of Code project and my contributions to open-source and we had a very healthy discussion.
About 5 minutes later, the HR called me and said that I was selected. It was one of the best moments of my life.
- Microsoft Interview Experience (Full Time 2018 Washington DC - with 2.5 years of experience)
- Microsoft Interview experience for full time position of software engineer at Microsoft Ireland Research
- Microsoft Interview Interview Experience for Full Time
- Microsoft IDC Interview Experience | Set 150 (Off-Campus for Full Time)
- Microsoft IDC Interview Experience | Set 156 (Off-Campus for Full Time)
- Microsoft IDC Interview Experience (For Full Time)
- Microsoft Interview Experience (On Campus for Full Time)
- Microsoft Full Time Interview Experience (On campus)
- Microsoft Interview Experience for full time position of Software Engineer at Bangalore
- Microsoft Full Time Interview (On Campus)
- Find number of Employees Under every Employee
- Microsoft - SDE On Campus Full Time
- Microsoft Interview Experience (On-Campus for Internship 2018)
- Microsoft Interview Experience (On-campus Internship 2018)
- Microsoft interview experience 2018
- Microsoft Interview Experience (Internship 2018)
- Microsoft Interview Experience (On-Campus Internships 2018)
- Microsoft Interview Experience | SDE - 2018
- Microsoft Interview Experience 2018 @ IIT
- Microsoft IDC Internship On-Campus Interview Experience 2018
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.