Given a string, the task is to find the average of ASCII values of characters in the string.
Input: str = "for" Output: 109 'f'= 102, 'o' = 111, 'r' = 114 (102 + 111 + 114)/3 = 109 Input: str = "geeks" Output: 105
Source : Microsoft Internship Experience
Approach : Start iterating through characters of the string and add their ASCII value to a variable. Finally, divide this sum of ASCII values of characters with the length of string i.e, total number of characters in the string.
Time Complexity: O(l), where l is the length of the string.
Auxiliary Space: O(1)
- Count characters in a string whose ASCII values are prime
- Program to find the product of ASCII values of characters in a string
- Print each word in a sentence with their corresponding average of ASCII values
- Find the sum of the ascii values of characters which are present at prime positions
- Convert a string to hexadecimal ASCII values
- Check if a string contains only alphabets in Java using ASCII values
- Count pairs of characters in a string whose ASCII value difference is K
- Program to find the largest and smallest ASCII valued characters in a string
- Sum of the alphabetical values of the characters of a string
- Minimum length String with Sum of the alphabetical values of the characters equal to N
- Map function and Dictionary in Python to sum ASCII values
- Sums of ASCII values of each word in a sentence
- Minimize ASCII values sum after removing all occurrences of one character
- Count the number of words having sum of ASCII values less than and greater than k
- Sub-strings having exactly k characters that have ASCII value greater than p
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.