Limitations of Selenium Webdriver
Selenium is a powerful tool for controlling web browser through program. It is functional for all browsers, works on all major OS and its scripts are written in various languages i.e Python, Java, C#, etc but it has some disadvantages and limitations such as it doesn’t support Windows or Desktop applications.
This article revolves around Major Limitations of Selenium WebDriver. Mastering Selenium will help you automate your day to day tasks like controlling your tweets, Whatsapp texting and even just googling without actually opening a browser in just 15-30 lines of python code.
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course. And to begin with your Machine Learning Journey, join the Machine Learning - Basic Level Course
Limitations of Selenium Webdriver –
- No support for desktop applications – Selenium does not support testing for desktop applications.
- Expertise – Selenium requires expertise of your team — and resources to manage.
- Maintenance and Scalability – Selenium is a maintenance-heavy framework — and is difficult to scale as one grows.
- Open Source Forums – Since Selenium is open source software, one has to rely on community forums to get your technical issues resolved.
- No support for REST and SOAP Platforms – We can’t perform automation tests on web services like SOAP or REST using Selenium.
- No Reporting capability – Selenium does not have any inbuilt reporting capability, one has to rely on plug-ins like JUnit and TestNG for test reports.
- Image Testing – It is not possible to perform testing on images. One needs to integrate Selenium with Sikuli for image testing.