Impetus Technologies Interview Experience for Associate Software Engineer
There were basically 4 rounds conducted at Impetus Technologies:
- Written Round
- Technical Round 1
- Technical Round 2
- HR Round
I applied at impetus in July 2021 and interviewed in the month of August 2021.
Written Round: This round was for 1.5 hours and had 2 coding questions to be solved and 2 SQL queries were to be written. Both coding questions were easy and the SQL queries were medium to difficult range.
On the same day I got a mail that my interview is scheduled on the next day.
Technical Round 1: This round went for about 1 hour. The interviewer started with the introduction. The questions were as follows:
- Explain OOPs and their features.
- What is abstraction and can we inherit abstract classes or not. Then she gave me a code based on abstraction and inheritance and asked me to print the output.
- What is operator overloading and asked to write the code of it?
- What is copy constructor and explain it with an example
- What is the difference between linked list and array and a comparison of the time complexity for different operations in an array and linked list?
- What is BCNF
- Difference between unique key and primary key.
- What is self join and asked to write a query based on that
- Writing the program of Fibonacci series using recursion and DP and then dry run them.
- What is pre tag in HTML
- Where is tree and graph data structure used in real life
- What is Dijkstra Algorithm
- What is the difference between multithreading and multitasking
- Asked to explain the projects mentioned in my resume.
Technical Round 2: The interviewer straight away jumped to the questions which are as follows:
- Asked about my internships and the work I have done there.
- What is ACID properties?
- How is isolation performed and executed in transactions in DBMS
- What is serial schedules and how it is implemented
- Write a query to find the 9th max salary from the table.
- What are cursors and how are they implemented
- What do you mean by paging and fragmentation?
- What is virtual memory
- Caching in Computer Architecture.
- the Write a code to reverse a linked list
- Write a code to count the no of leaf nodes in a binary tree
- Explain OOPs
- What is diamond problem in inheritance
HR Round: Basic HR questions like will you be able to relocate after pandemic. That’s it.