The download attribute is used to download the element when the user clicks on the hyperlink. It is used only when href attribute is set. The downloaded file name will be the value of the attribute. The value of the attribute will be the name of the downloaded file. It the value is removed then original filename used.
Attribute Values: It contains single value filename which is optional. It specifies the new filename for the downloaded file.
Supported Browsers: The browser supported by HTML <a> download Attribute are listed below:
- Google Chrome 14.0
- Internet Explorer 13.0
- Firefox 20.0
- Safari 10.1
- Opera 15.0
- HTML | <area> download Attribute
- HTML | download Attribute
- HTML | DOM Anchor download Property
- Pytube | Python library to download youtube videos
- Download web page using Java
- YouTube Media/Audio Download using Python | pafy
- How to download Google Images using Python
- Download file from URL using PHP
- How to download a CSV file in PHP that is triggered through a URL ?
- Express.js res.download() Function
- How to automatically start a download in PHP ?
- How to disable download option in amp-audio in Google AMP ?
- HTML | <html> xmlns Attribute
- HTML | scoped Attribute
- HTML | <th> valign Attribute
- HTML | <col> align Attribute
- HTML | poster Attribute
- HTML | Class Attribute
- HTML | style attribute
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.