How to Password Protect a Microsoft Word Document?
Microsoft Word is a software tool that allows us to create document files like articles, office letters, project files, and many more in a very simplest and easy manner. MS Word makes our document more attractive as compared to paper or file work by providing different features like it has different sizes of pages, fonts, colors, design, bullets, tables, charts, page border/number, and many more.
It also provides various features like editing, texting, formatting, graphics designs, fonts color, and styles, inserting images, videos, printing documents, etc.
This MS Word software saves our article/letters in a form of a document and saves it on the computer forever. Whenever it is required it can be shared or can access the document.
Features of MS Word:
- Images: MS Word provides inserting of various images in our document.
- Videos: We can insert videos in our document
- Fonts Styles: It has a wide range of font styles for our text.
- Colors: It also has different types of colors to make our document more attractive.
- Page number and size: You can set the size of the page of your document
- WordArt: It provides various writing styles for our documents.
- Tables: Tables in MS Word are used to represent data in Tabular form
- Graph and Charts: These are used to represent statistical data
- Animations and Designs: MS Word allows the creation of Animations and designs as per user needs
- Page border/color: MS Word allows adding borders and colors to pages.
Adding Password on Document
Protecting your Word file helps to prevent other users from accidentally adding, changing, moving, deleting, or modifying data or information in your document, MS Word can lock your document file and then protect it with a password so that other users can’t open and access it. By doing this you can save your data from tampering. Whosoever has a valid password can access it.
When you’re sending your document file you should use the password-protect option.
Steps to Protect the Document
Step 1: On the navigation menu bar click on the File option.
Step 2: Next click on the Info option from the left panel.
Step 3: Then click on the down arrow icon in Protect Document option as shown in the image
Step 4: Then select Encrypt with password option.
Step 5: A Encrypt Document dialog box will open where you can set your password.
Step 6: Create a strong password for your document.
Step 7: Then click on OK.
Step 8: Again a confirm password dialog box will open to confirm your password.
Step 9: Reenter your password.
Step 10: Next click on the OK option.
Finally, your document is protected with a password. Whenever anyone tries to open it, it will first ask for a valid password as shown in the image. Whosoever has a valid password can access it.
Please Login to comment...