How to create a custom progress bar component in React.js ?
In this article, We will make a custom reusable Progress bar component using React.js
- Basic Knowledge of React
- Basic Knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Inline styling in React
The <Progressbar /> component should do the following:
- Indicates the progress visually to the user via the colored bar.
- Shows the percentage numerically as a %
- Props that allow you to change the height, width, and background color of the progress bar .
Basically, the progress bar consists of a parent div, which represents the whole progress bar, and a child div in which the completed part of the bar along with the span will show the completed percentage number.
- bgcolor: It will change the background color of the progress bar .
- progress: It will have value between 1 to 100 .
- height: It is used to change the height of the progress bar .
Creating React Application And Installing Module:
Step 1: Create a React application using the following command
npx create-react-app progress_bar
Step 2: After creating your project folder i.e. folder name, move to it using the following command:
Step 3: Add a Progress_bar.js file in the Component folder and then import the Progressbar component in App.js
Project Structure: It will look like the following.
Step 4: Now let create the Progress bar in Progress_bar.js
Step 5: Lets Render the Progress bar component by importing the Progress_bar component into.
Step to Run Application: Run the application using the following command from the root directory of the project:
Output: Now open your browser and go to http://localhost:3000/, you will see the following output: