Google Interview Experience for Software Engineer 2020
Round-1 (Screening Technical Interview):
- Given an array and a matrix. You have to find if the array is present in the matrix. You can start from any point and go in 4 directions. Return the starting and ending pairs of indices if the array exists otherwise return false.
Round-2 (Technical Interview Round-1):
- Given a matrix of 0s and 1s, find the shortest path from start to end(both given). You can move in 4 directions and can travel only through 0s.
Round-3 (Technical Interview Round-2):
- Create a treasure hunt and find the treasure which is present in one of the n rooms. You have r keys (key to move from one room to another, but you don’t know which key is of which pair). Start point – Room 1.
Round-4 (Technical Interview Round-3):
- There are n jobs, you have to schedule the jobs on a machine. Given the job start time and duration. Schedule the jobs is best optimal way.
- In continuation of the above question, there are k machines. Schedule the jobs in the most optimal way.
Round-5 (Technical Interview Round-4):
- Given a city where you have roads, buildings, parks etc which given dimensions and some portion of the city is vacant (plot of area can be used to build a building). Your task is to find in how many ways can you build a building of a given dimension(rectangle).
Round-6 (Googlyness – Behavioral Interview):
- Tell me something about yourself.
- What differentiates yourself from others.
- Little discussions over my extra activities written in resume.
- Team Conflict questions.
- Do you have any Location constraints?
- Other behavioral questions.
- Know yourself before any interview.
- Be calm & answer politely.
- Be expressive and thoughtful.
- Better communication is a must.
- Code should be simple and clean.
- Practice a lot.
- Keep the constraints in mind like naming, edge cases, datatype, size, time complexity, space complexity.
- Don’t jump to the solution. Go with the flow.