Google Interview Experience for Software Engineer (November 2020)
Note: All rounds were virtual.
Phone Screen Round:
Hey geek! It's time to become a success story instead of reading them. Check out our most renowned DSA Self Paced Course, now at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. And if you are looking for a more complete interview preparation resource, check out Complete Interview Preparation Course that will prepare you for the SDE role of your dreams!
Feeling prepared enough for your interview? Test your skills with our Test Series that will help you prepare for top companies like Amazon, Microsoft, TCS, Wipro, Google and many more!
- Implement a doubly-linked list, with all edge cases considered.
- Add (Key, value) pairs of two lists which are representing different values at different time stamps. HINT: USE Interpolation and Extrapolation, to find the values of the missing timestamp.
- The question was about pattern matching.
The scenarios were:
If we are given a directory structure, then /foo /foo are exact matches, and /foo /bar are no matches. /foo/* means after /foo, There can be one directory or no directory. The last case was: /foo/** which means 0 or more directories
- We have a rectangle city map, occupied with some buildings, parks, etc. We need to find if we have enough space for a building of a given size (m*n).
Code Version diff question, like git.
- Two versions given as a string, find whether an insert/ delete or update operation has been done, at what index, and what is the change.
- Most Recent challenging work.
- What qualities you want in your manager.
- Anytime conflict faced, and how you handled it.
- If you were designing Photos, what will be your approach to identify smiling faces.