The process consisted of 1 online coding round , 3 tech interview rounds and 1 HR interview round.
Online Coding Round : It consisted of 3 coding questions and 15 mcqs based on both computer science and Quantitative Aptitude.
Project discussion in each one of interviews: They asked me to explain one of my projects followed by brief discussions. ( Most of my projects were related to deep learning and web dev).
Round 1 Duration : 45 mins
Interviewer asked me to explain any of my projects.
1. Reverse the string word by word .
Using 0(1) space and O(n) time
2. Given two text files how will u find the difference between them ( diff f1 f2).
I used longest common subsequence for this problem and i was further asked how i’ll approach to code this , i proposed a recursive and dp based approach .
Round 2 Duration : 45 mins
Interviewer asked me to explain my web dev based project.
1. Covert a binary tree into full binary tree
2. Given a string “++—” of length n-1 which contains ‘+’ and ‘-‘ char only , convert this into array which contains all number from 1 to n.
+ means ai > ai-1
– means ai < ai+1
Make a array of length n satisfying the string.
3. Puzzle orange , apple and apple & orange boxes whose tags are misplaced and we need to tell the minimum number of boxes we need to open to find the correct labels.
Round 3 Duration : 45 mins
1. Puzzle based on 5 jars , 4 with weight 10 grams and one the 9 gram . Minimum number of times we need to weight the jars.
2. Puzzle based on coins and round table. Develop a strategy in a two player game where both have infinite number of coins and one that places the last coin wins the game.Develop a strategy such that u always win.
3. Insert element at ith position in a double linked list
4. Given array of length n sort it by using two functions : 1. reverse any prefix array and 2. get ith highest element’s index.
HR Round Duration : 25 mins
It was an interactive round , HR asked about my interests and there was a detailed discussion on my projects. It was a nice experience.
General Tips: Be confident ,most of interviewers are quite helping and polite ,consider them as your friends . While solving all the question maintain a healthy interaction , keep discussing and tell him about your approach in detail. Keep it engaging . Try to provide all the solutions from brute to optimal step by step ,they are generally more focused on your thinking skills, even if u get stuck in any question ask (him/her) for hints and discuss what ever comes to your mind. If u don’t know about any topic , u can politely tell him(that I have not studied this topic) it’s completely alright , he will ask u something else. Don’t lie or exaggerate about your skills.
Maintain a positive attitude.
Verdict : Selected
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course. In case you are prepared, test your skills using TCS, Wipro, Amazon and Microsoft Test Serieses.