Foreach loop is used to access elements of an array quickly without performing initialization, testing and increment/decrement. The working of foreach loops is to do something for every element rather than doing something n times.
There is no foreach loop in C, but both C++ and Jave support foreach type of loop. In C++, it was introduced in C++ 11 and Java in JDK 1.5.0
The keyword used for foreach loop is “for” in both C++ and Java.
10 20 30 40
10 20 30 40
Advantages of Foreach loop :-
1) Makes code more readable.
2) Eliminates the possibility of programming errors.
This article is contributed by Rahul Agrawal. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article and mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above
Improved By : gyanendra371
- Floating Point Operations & Associativity in C, C++ and Java
- C/C++ Pointers vs Java References
- Templates in C++ vs Generics in Java
- Comparison of Exception Handling in C++ and Java
- How does default virtual behavior differ in C++ and Java ?
- Passing Reference to a Pointer in C++
- Nested list in C++ STL
- wcrtomb() function in C/C++
- vswprintf() function in C/C++
- wcstoul() function in C/C++