Different ways to write a PHP code
The full form of PHP is a Hypertext preprocessor. It was developed by Rasmus Lerdorf. It is a programming language for developing dynamic web applications and interactive websites. It is a server-side scripting language. It is used for establishing a connection between the front-end and database i.e., back-end.
Ways to run a PHP program:
- Generally, we need a web browser to run a PHP program.
- Write code in notepad.
- Save the file with any name followed by a .php extension.
- For example, Geeksforgeeks.php.
- Save the file in the XAMPP location of the file structure.
- If the XAMPP is installed in local disk C, then we have to save the file in C:\xampp\htdocs.
Like this we have to save the PHP file
After saving your code file into the htdocs folder follow the below steps.
- Open XAMPP control panel.
- Start Apache and MySQL servers
- Go to any browser and type localhost/filename.php in the search box.
- If you save your PHP code in a subfolder in htdocs, then type localhost/subfolder_name/filename.php
A PHP code can be written in 3 ways
- Without any HTML markups
- Embedding HTML markups in PHP code
- Embedding PHP code in HTML.
1. Without any HTML markups:
"The addition of a and b is "
The addition of a and b is 20
2. Embedding HTML markups in PHP code:
"<h1> welcome </h1>"
3. Embedding PHP code in HTML:
"Your first PHP code"
Your first PHP code
The most proficient way:
- All three are most proficient.
- They may be implemented based on the required work.
- For example, if we want to develop only front-end pages then we can directly use HTML instead of embedding PHP with HTML.
- If we want to develop dynamic web pages and which are using back-end databases then we can embed HTML with PHP.
- Even though if we write PHP code in HTML, we are going to save the file with the .php extension only.
- Because the web pages should interact with the database which is present in XAMPP.
- To run a PHP page we need XAMPP. If we use XAMPP as a server we need to save our code with filename followed by .php extension only.
- All methods are proficient only. We can use any method based on our present work.
Whether you're preparing for your first job interview or aiming to upskill in this ever-evolving tech landscape, GeeksforGeeks Courses
are your key to success. We provide top-quality content at affordable prices, all geared towards accelerating your growth in a time-bound manner. Join the millions we've already empowered, and we're here to do the same for you. Don't miss out - check it out now!