Social Media Optimization: SMO is a technique that is used for promoting your business using social networking sites like Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram, Tumblr for increasing their brand awareness Organically. It is mostly used for local businesses to promote them and provide the maximum reachability of your user. It also refers to optimizing a website and its content to encourage more users to use and share a link to the website, social media, and networking sites so it can increase website visibility and online presence.
Search engine Optimization: SEO is technique is used for optimizing your website for increasing the organic traffic from search engine to your site and increases the ranking of a website or webpage in search result by the search engine for using relevant keywords in it.SEO is the way to increase your visibility online by saving time and cost of marketing. According to the research, there are approx 100 billion searches each month. It also refers to the improvement of unpaid results and excludes direct traffic and the purchase of paid placement.
Below is a table of differences between Social Media Optimization(SMO) and Search engine Optimization(SEO) :
|Social Media Optimization(SMO)||Search Engine Optimization(SEO)|
|In SMO coding and tag are not so important it requires visual attention make huge impact.||In SEO we can use header, title tag, image title, bold text, keyword for higher ranking in search engine.|
|Title and headlines are more important in smo for grabbing attention and getting users click.||Title tag in seo tells the search engine what a page is about.|
|In SMO the quality of content is important for readers attention.||In SEO the quality of content is important in order rank well.|
|SMO is off site optimization technique.||SEO is on site optimization technique..|
|you can do smo using..
|you can do seo using..|
1.Find relevant kewords.
2.Create optimize page.
3.Make accessible website.
4.Build relevant links.
|Smo is all about content.||Seo is all about site structure|
|Analysis is improtant to know which type of content draws interest.||Analysis is improtant to know which changes have made impact wheather it negative or positive.|
- Difference between CLI and GUI
- Difference between 4NF and 5NF
- Difference Between Blu-Ray and DVD
- Difference between JSP and ASP
- Difference Between Gi-Fi and Li-Fi
- Difference between Blu-ray and DVD
- Difference between DFA and NFA
- Difference between RPC and RMI
- Difference Between SEO and SEM
- Difference between C and C#
- Difference between IoT and M2M
- Difference between TDM and FDM
- What is the difference between GUI and CUI?
- Difference between TCP and RTP
- Difference between DAS and NAS
- Difference between DDR 5 and DDR 3
- Difference between PIP and HLP
- Difference between IoE and IoT
- Difference between PNG and GIF
- Difference between BFS and DFS
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : manmeetjuneja5