The security systems covers the safety of their system resources (saved data, memory, disks, etc) across malignant alteration, illegal access, and disparity or inconsistency. The security gives a mechanism (authentication and encryption) to analyze the user to permit for using the system.
For example, in a corporation that the info is obtained by completely different workers however, it can’t be obtained by a user that doesn’t exist in this explicit organization or a user operating in different business enterprises. Security is the vital task for a corporation to provide some safety mechanism in order that no outside user will access the knowledge of the organization.
protection deals with the access to the system resources. It determines that what files can be accessed or permeated by a special user. The protection of the system should confirm the approval of the process and users. Due to this, these licensed users and processes will care for the central processing unit, memory and alternative sources. The protection mechanism ought to provide a path for specifying the controls to be obligatory, beside how of implementing them.
Example of protection can be given from the security, any organization will have many departments below that several staff operate. the assorted departments will share frequent info with one another however not sensitive info. So, completely different employees have different access rights the info in step with that they will access the define data.
Let’s see the difference between security and protection:
|S.NO||Comparison based on||Security||Protection|
|1.||Basic||Security grants the system access to the appropriate users only.||While protection deals with the access to the system resources.|
|2.||Type of threats involved of the system||In security, external threats are involved.||While in protection, internal threats are involved.|
|3.||Queries handle||In security, more convoluted queries are handled.||Whereas in protection, simple queries are handled.|
|4.||Policy||Security illustrates that which person is granted for using the system.||Whereas protection determines that what files can be accessed or permeated by a special user.|
|5.||Mechanism||In security, encryption and certification(authentication) mechanisms are used.||Whereas in protection, authorization mechanism is implemented.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Hardware Protection and Type of Hardware Protection
- Difference between Network Security and Cyber Security
- Difference between Information Security and Network Security
- Difference between Data Privacy and Data Protection
- System Protection in Operating System
- Protection in File System
- Protection Ring
- Difference between Antivirus and Internet Security
- Difference between Secure Socket Layer (SSL) and Transport Layer Security (TLS)
- Difference between Security Group and Network ACL in AWS
- Difference between Data Privacy and Data Security
- Difference between Endpoint Security and Antivirus Software
- Difference between Client side filter and Server side filters in Cyber Security
- Types of DNS Attacks and Tactics for Security
- Cryptography and Network Security Principles
- Message Digest in Information security
- Security of RSA
- Security Environment in Computer Network
- Difference between Stop and Wait, GoBackN and Selective Repeat
- Difference between Stop and Wait protocol and Sliding Window protocol
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.