In the context of software engineering, Product includes any software manufactured based on the customer’s request. This can be a problem solving software or computer based system. It can also be said that this is the result of a project.
Process is a set of sequence steps that have to be followed to create a project. The main purpose of a process is to improve the quality of the project. The process serves as a template that can be used through the creation of its examples and is used to direct the project.
The main difference between a process and a product is that the process is a set of steps that guide the project to achieve the convenient product. while on the other hand, the product is the result of a project that is manufactured by a wide variety of people.
Let’s see the difference between Product and Process:-
|1.||Product is the final production of the project.||While process is a set of sequence steps that have to be followed to create a project.|
|2.||A product focuses on the final result.||Whereas the process is focused on completing each step being developed.|
|3.||In case of product, the firm guidelines are followed.||In contrast, the process consistently follows guidelines.|
|4.||A product is tend to be short term.||Whereas the process is tend to be long term.|
|5.||The main goal of the product is to complete the work successfully.||While The purpose of the process is to make better the quality of the project.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference between Process Image and Multi Thread Process image
- Process Improvement in Defect Management Process (DMP)
- Difference between Program and Process
- Difference between Process and Kernel Thread
- Difference between Process and User Level Thread
- Difference between Thread Context Switch and Process Context Switch
- Difference between Software Engineering process and Conventional Engineering Processs
- Difference between Project Management and Process Management
- Difference between Process and Thread
- Difference between Project and Product
- Difference between Program and Product
- Difference between Program, Project and Product
- Difference Between a Product Based Company and Service Based Company
- Difference between Project Management Software and Product Management Software
- Difference between Project Management and Product Management
- Agile Software Process and it's Principles
- Advanategs and Disadvanategs of Incremental process model
- Software Process Customization and Improvement
- Cost and Schedule Estimating Process
- Roles and Responsibilities of Participants of Defect Triage Process
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : MKS075