Internet of Things: It is the field of computer technology, where physical devices are communicating over the Internet. Devices are termed as things which are sensors, actuators that communicate and send information to each other on the web. It is an ecosystem where the interacting devices share data through a communication media known as the internet.
These devices are instructed with code to operate on a special event.
Artificial Intelligence: It is the field in computer technology that uses data as fuel and human actions to decide the output. Machines that are AI capable and are capable of cognitive thinking that is responsible to decide on the past or responding to an action to which the machine was unaware. These systems are built to support automation in the traditional approaches of building systems.
AI machines learn from past experiences and improve their performance for the future.
Below is a table of differences between Internet of Things and Artificial Intelligence:
|Based on||Internet of Things||Artificial Intelligence|
|Connection type||A set of interconnecting devices over a network||Machine is independent and interconnecting is not needed|
|Capability||Device capabilities are known in prior||Machine capabilities can never be predicted|
|Interaction||Human Interaction is needed||Human Interaction is not needed|
|Future Scope||Human instructions are needed||Machine can learn and starts to act more human way|
|Need of Instructions||Needed to instruct devices||Machine it learn from experiences|
|Dependency||IoT won’t work without AI.||AI is not dependent on IoT|
|Applications||Applications include Smart Wearables, Smart City, Smart Home, Water Monitoring, etc.||Applications include Chatbots, Job Adverts, Natural language processing, Speech recognition, Machine vision, etc.|
- The role of Artificial Intelligence in Internet of Things
- Difference Between Artificial Intelligence and Business Intelligence
- Difference Between Artificial Intelligence and Human Intelligence
- Difference between Artificial Intelligence and Automation
- Difference Between Data Science and Artificial Intelligence
- Difference between Machine learning and Artificial Intelligence
- Internet of Things (IoT) | Set 2
- Internet of Things (IoT) | Set 3
- Introduction to Internet of Things (IoT) | Set 1
- Internet of Things and careers in IoT
- Difference Between Artificial Intelligence vs Machine Learning vs Deep Learning
- Benefits of Internet of Things(IoT) in Manufacturing Industry
- Internet of Things Based on Compressive Sensing
- What is AI(Artificial Intelligence)?
- Artificial Intelligence | An Introduction
- What is Artificial Super Intelligence (ASI)?
- What is Artificial General Intelligence (AGI)?
- Artificial Intelligence Could be a Better Doctor
- What is Artificial Narrow Intelligence (ANI)?
- Artificial Intelligence in Financial Market
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.