Both DDR2 and DDR3 are the versions of Double Data Rate (DDR).
DDR2 stands for Double Data Rate version 2 and DDR3 stands for Double Data Rate version 3.
DDR2 and DDR3 square measure enhancements on identical technology and additional increase the amount of knowledge transfers per clock cycle.
DDR2 RAM provides four knowledge transfers per cycle, whereas DDR3 will increase the amount to eight. forward a base clock speed of 100Mhz, DDR RAM can offer sixteen hundred MB/s of information measure, DDR2 provides thirty two hundred MB/s, and DDR3 provides 6400 MB/s. a lot of is usually better.
Difference between DDR2 and DDR3:
|1.||DDR2 stands for Double Data Rate version 2.||Whereas DDR3 stands for Double Data Rate version 3.|
|2.||The cost of DDR2 is less than DDR3.||While it’s cost is higher or more than DDR2.|
|3.||Performance-wise, DDR2 is superior than DDR2.||While it is average in terms of performance.|
|4.||Supply voltage for DDR2 is greater than DDR3 which is 1.8 volts.||While for DDR3, supply voltage is 1.5 volts.|
|5.||DDR2 consumes more power.||While it consumes less power.|
|6.||The speed of DDR2 is slow in comparison of DDR3.||While the speed of DDR3 is fast in comparison of DDr2.|
|7.||In DDR2, there is no memory reset option.||While in DDR3, there is provided memory reset option.|
|8.||Clock speed of DDR2 vary from 400 MHz to 800 MHz.||Whereas the clock speed of DDr3 vary from 800 MHz to 1600 MHz.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference between DDR and DDR2
- Difference between DDR3 and DDR4
- Difference between Stop and Wait protocol and Sliding Window protocol
- Similarities and Difference between Java and C++
- Difference between Yaacomo and and XAP
- Difference between VoIP and and POTS
- Difference and Similarities between PHP and C
- Difference between ++*p, *p++ and *++p
- Difference Between DOS and Windows
- Difference between User Level thread and Kernel Level thread
- What’s difference between The Internet and The Web ?
- Difference between Priority Inversion and Priority Inheritance
- What’s difference between Linux and Android ?
- What’s difference between header files "stdio.h" and "stdlib.h" ?
- Difference between HTML and HTTP
- Difference between http:// and https://
- What's difference between MMU and MPU?
- What's difference between Microcontroller (µC) and Microprocessor (µP)?
- What's difference between CPU Cache and TLB?
- What's the difference between Scripting and Programming Languages?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.