1. Antivirus :
Antivirus is a type of software program tat helps in protecting the computer system from viruses. It detects the viruses in the computer system and destroys them. It basically protects computer system from a specific malware. It is used for protection from some traditional and simple threats that can harm the computer system. It is mostly used in personal computers for safety purpose.
Avast, QuickHeal, AVG
2. Antimalware :
Antimalware is also a software program but it protects the computer systems from all kinds of malware i.e., viruses, trojans, worms etc. It protects the computer system from all kinds of malware. It is used for protection from some new, sophisticated and more dangerous threats that can harm the computer system. It is mostly used in organizational computers for safety purpose.
MalwareBytes, SpyBot Search & Destroy
Difference between Antivirus and Antimalware :
|It is a software program that protects the computer system from viruses.||It is a software program that protects the computer systems from all malware i.e. viruses, trojans, worms etc.|
|It protects from traditional viruses.||It protects from all malware including newer and sophisticated ones.|
|It does not update its rules frequently.||It updates its rules frequently so that malware detection is easy.|
|It protects from predictable danger.||It protects from unpredictable danger.|
|It is mostly used in personal computers.||It is mostly used in organizational computers.|
|It is comparatively less costly.||While it is more costly.|
|It detects and destroys virus which is a type of malware.||While it detects and destroys all malware including virus too.|
|It is more used as it has system compatability.||While it is less used due to high rate and system compatability.|
|It is not reliable with overall cyber protection of the computer system.||While it is reliable with overall cyber protection of the computer system.|
Don’t stop now and take your learning to the next level. Learn all the important concepts of Data Structures and Algorithms with the help of the most trusted course: DSA Self Paced. Become industry ready at a student-friendly price.
- Difference between Firewall and Antivirus
- Difference between Antivirus and Internet Security
- Difference between DFA and NFA
- Difference between BFS and DFS
- Difference between JSP and ASP
- Difference Between SMO and SEO
- Difference between IoT and M2M
- Difference between CD and DVD
- Difference between 4NF and 5NF
- Difference between PNG and GIF
- Difference between 4G and 5G
- Difference between TDM and FDM
- Difference between Blu-ray and DVD
- What is the difference between GUI and CUI?
- Difference between H.323 and SIP
- Difference between DTE and DCE
- Difference between SQL and T-SQL
- Difference between GSM and LTE
- Difference between IoE and IoT
- Difference between DAS and NAS
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.