Firewall is the specified version of router. In this all data packets are entering or leaving the network pass through firewall and after examine firewall decide whether to allow or not.In firewall all traffic must pass through it and only authorized traffic should be allow to pass. Firewall should be strong.
Antivirus is an application or software which provides security from the malicious software coming from the internet. An antivirus chases the method in which it performs 3 actions which are:
Antivirus deals with both external threats and internal threats. It is implemented only software not in hardware also.
Difference between Firewall and Antivirus:
|1.||Firewall is implemented in both hardware and software.||Antivirus is implemented in software only.|
|2.||Firewall deals with external threats only.||Antivirus deals with both external threats and internal threats.|
|3.||In firewall counter attacks are possible such as IP Spoofing and routing attacks.||In antivirus no counter attacks are possible after removing the malware.>|
|4.||Firewall works on monitoring and filtering.||Antivirus works on Scanning of infected files and software.|
|5.||Firewall checks the threat from incoming packets.||Antivirus checks the threat from malicious software.|
- Difference between Antivirus and Internet Security
- Firewall methodologies
- Zone-based firewall
- Types of firewall and possible attacks
- How to setup firewall in Linux?
- Zone-based firewall Configuration
- Introduction of Firewall in Computer Network
- Difference between LED and LCD
- Difference between CD and DVD
- Web 1.0, Web 2.0 and Web 3.0 with their difference
- Difference between RPC and RMI
- Difference between CRT and LCD
- Difference between Blu-ray and DVD
- Difference between CLI and GUI
- Difference between LAN and MAN
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.