Ideally delete operator should not be used for this pointer. However, if used, then following points must be considered.
1) delete operator works only for objects allocated using operator new (See this post). If the object is created using new, then we can do delete this, otherwise behavior is undefined.
2) Once delete this is done, any member of the deleted object should not be accessed after deletion.
The best thing is to not do delete this at all.
Thanks to Shekhu for providing above details.
This article is contributed by Rahul Gupta. Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Structures in C++
- Variables in C++
- Implementing Forward Iterator in BST
- Count substrings that contain all vowels | SET 2
- Machine Learning in C++
- How can we use Comma operator in place of curly braces?
- Basic Code Optimizations in C
- Optimally accommodate 0s and 1s from a Binary String into K buckets
- Constants vs Variables in C language
- Sum of an array using MPI
- Find a number containing N - 1 set bits at even positions from the right
- Sort an array according to absolute difference with given value using Functors
- Rearrange characters in a string such that no two adjacent are same using hashing
- Remove duplicate elements in an Array using STL in C++
- r-Nearest neighbors
Improved By : DeepakTiwari2