The tab-property in CSS is used to specify the width of tab character. The tab-size usually display a single space character in HTML document. Some elements like <textarea> and <pre> elements display the tab-size.
Property Value: The value of tab-property are listed below:
- number: It is used to set the number of space character in a tab. Its default value is 8.
- length: It is used to set the length character. But it is not supported by most of the browsers.
- initial: This property is used to set its default value.
- inherit: It is used to inherit the property from its parent.
Supported Browsers: The browser supported by tab-size property are listed below:
- Google Chrome 21.0
- Firefox 4.0 -moz-
- Opera 15.0, 10.6 -o-
- Safari 6.1
- HTML | DOM Style tabSize Property
- CSS | transition-property Property
- How to override the CSS properties of a class using another CSS class ?
- Difference between bootstrap.css and bootstrap-theme.css
- CSS | table-layout Property
- CSS | text-align Property
- CSS | border-top-width Property
- CSS | isolation Property
- CSS | border-inline-start-style Property
- CSS | column-rule-width Property
- CSS | word-spacing Property
- CSS | animation-delay Property
- CSS | margin-top Property
- CSS | border radius property
- CSS | grid Property
- CSS | font-size-adjust Property
- CSS | visibility Property
- CSS | Display property
- CSS | grid-template-columns Property
- CSS | height Property
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.