Normally we hear he is a programmer, he is a developer and he is a hacker and he is a Computer scientist. But what is the difference between programmer, developer, hacker and a computer scientist? So In this article, I will try to distinguish between these words. Here I am giving a basic idea, I am not going in deep.
Computer scientists – A person who has deep knowledge of mathematics, machine level language(binary, assembly, etc.), data structures and algorithms and much more. The value of a computer scientist is undoubtedly at every industry level. The computer scientists can be found in big companies like Google, Microsoft, etc. Normally computer scientists focus on research like developing a new language or solving a big problem.
Programmers – A person who has knowledge of multiple programming language, data structures, and algorithms and has a vast knowledge of related areas. A programmer can solve problems by manipulating computer code. The value of programmers in the industry is high.
Developer – A developer is a trained programmer. They don’t just solve problems or create things but do so in accordance with a set of design and implementation principles. These include things like performance, maintainability, scale, robustness, and (ideally) security. For example a web developer, android developer, software developer, etc.
Hackers -A hacker has knowledge of computer networking, programming, cryptography, and databases. For hacking, there is no fixed syllabus that anyone can just read and become a hacker. Normally in an industry, Hackers works in an emergency scenario to save the data of company from hackers. A hacker finds a bug in the system a tells to developer or programmer in a company.
Thanks for reading this article.
- Difference Between Computer Scientist and Data Scientist
- Types of Hackers
- Difference between Hackers and Crackers
- How Hackers Are Using Coronavirus To Scam People?
- 5 Common Hacking Techniques Used by Hackers
- How to Become a Chartered Data Scientist?
- How to Become a Data Scientist in 2019: A Complete Guide
- How to Think Like a Programmer?
- Why You Should Become a Self-Taught Programmer?
- How do I become a good Java programmer?
- How to be a Successful Freelance Programmer
- How to be a Good Programmer in College ?
- How to Become a Freelance Programmer in 2020?
- Top 10 Books That Every Programmer Must Read Once
- 5 New Resolutions Every Novice Programmer Should Take in 2020
- Best Tech Movies That Every Programmer Must Watch
- 4 Personality Traits of a Great Programmer
- Difference between a Data Analyst and a Data Scientist
- Difference between Data Scientist and Data Engineer
- Differences between Computer Architecture and Computer Organization
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : nidhi_biet