Given a positive number you need to check whether it’s complement and the number are anagrams or not.
Input : a = 4294967295 Output : Yes Binary representation of 'a' and it's complement are anagrams of each other Input : a = 4 Output : No
Simple Approach: In this approach calculation of the complement of the number is allowed.
1. Find binary representation of the number and it’s complement using simple decimal to binary representation technique.
2. Sort both the binary representations and compare them to check whether they are anagrams or not.
Efficient Approach: Just count the number of 1’s present in the bit representation of the given number. If number of 1’s present are 32 then it’s complement will also have 32 1’s in it’s bit representation and they will be anagrams of each other.
$count = 0;
while ($n != 0)
$n &= ($n – 1);
// Driver code
$a = 4294967295;
// This code contributed by Rajput-Ji
1. The answer is only dependent on the number, in the above approach we don’t even find the need to obtain the complement of the number.
2. The above code uses GCC specific functions. If we wish to write code for other compilers, we may use Count set bits in an integer.
This article is contributed by Aditya Gupta. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Check if binary representation of a number is palindrome
- Check if actual binary representation of a number is palindrome
- Check if the binary representation of a number has equal number of 0s and 1s in blocks
- Check if binary representations of two numbers are anagram
- 1's and 2's complement of a Binary Number
- Binary representation of a given number
- Binary representation of next number
- Count number of trailing zeros in Binary representation of a number using Bitset
- Largest number with binary representation is m 1's and m-1 0's
- Binary representation of previous number
- Next greater number than N with exactly one bit different in binary representation of N
- Number of leading zeros in binary representation of a given number
- Find the n-th number whose binary representation is a palindrome
- Prime Number of Set Bits in Binary Representation | Set 1
- Occurrences of a pattern in binary representation of a number