There are basically 5 essential characteristics of Cloud Computing.
- On-demand self-services:
The Cloud computing services does not require any human administrators, user themselves are able to provision, monitor and manage computing resources as needed.
- Broad network access:
The Computing services are generally provided over standard networks and heterogeneous devices.
- Rapid elasticity:
The Computing services should have IT resources that are able to scale out and in quickly and on as needed basis. Whenever the user require services it is provided to him and it is scale out as soon as its requirement gets over.
- Resource pooling:
The IT resource (e.g., networks, servers, storage, applications, and services) present are shared across multiple applications and occupant in an uncommitted manner. Multiple clients are provided service from a same physical resource.
- Measured service:
The resource utilization is tracked for each application and occupant, it will provide both the user and the resource provider with an account of what has been used. This is done for various reasons like monitoring billing and effective use of resource.
- Difference Between Cloud Computing and Fog Computing
- CRM and ERP in Cloud Computing
- Cloud Computing
- Economics of Cloud Computing
- Issues in Cloud Computing
- Anatomy of Cloud Computing
- Evolution of Cloud Computing
- An Insight to Cloud Computing
- Cloud Computing Platforms and Technologies
- Licenses and their management in Cloud Computing
- Interesting Facts About Cloud Computing
- Cloud computing Research challenges
- Energy Efficiency in Cloud Computing
- Cyber Security in Cloud computing
- Complementary Relationship Between Cloud Computing and IOT
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.