AVEVA came to our campus to hire graduates for their Hyderabad office. The process took 2 days and there were a total of 5 rounds that we had to pass in order to get selected. They had already shortlisted students who had an aggregate of more than 70% throughout their academics.
Round 1: Aptitude Test
The level of this test ranged from easy to moderate. There were questions mostly from Quantitative Aptitude and Verbal Ability. The duration of test was 1 hour.
Round 2: Group Discussion
The topic of the Group discussion was “Privatization in Government” that lasted for about hour an hour. I spoke in favor.
Round 3: Technical Interview I
In the technical interview round 1, the recruiter took reasonable time in going through my CV. While, she was going through my CV, she asked some general questions like:
- Why did you chose UPES?
- Why do you want to join AVEVA?
As soon as she went through my Internship project, she asked me to elaborate more on my internship and asked me about the technologies that I have applied and why. Since, I had done my projects using Data Structures, so she asked me the following questions:
- Consider a case where you have been given a queue and you need to convert it to stack. How will you do it? https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/implement-stack-using-queue/
- Write a C program for the above problem. Explain the code.
- Changed the problem slightly, this time there were 2 queues and I was again asked to create a Stack using the given queues.
- What is Recursion? Explain in detail using an example.
Round 4: Technical Interview II
In the technical interview round 2, the recruiter took deep dive into my technical skills and asked me questions from SQL, DBMS, Operating Systems and Java as I mentioned them in my CV. Some questions in this round were:
- Tell me something about yourself?
- Tell me one dis-advantage of Java.
- Tell me one advantage of JVM.
- What is Left join in SQL.
- Difference between DBMS & RDBMS. Is MS Excel an RDBMS? What about MySQL?
- What is multi-threading? What is Synchronization?
- Puzzle 1: There are 2 empty beakers, one having a capacity of 5 litres while the other one being 3 litres, with no markings on them. Consider a tap that is running continuously, how will you collect exactly 4 litres of water.
- Puzzle 2: There are 25 horses that are going to race. At a time only 7 horses can race. Calculate the minimum no. of rounds needed to find the top 3 horses.
Round 5: HR Interview
General questions like:
- Introduce yourself.
- What makes you come to AVEVA?
- What have been your biggest achievement in life so far.
- Tell me about your family.
- Job location is Hyderabad, are you comfortable to relocate?
The final results came within 2 weeks. They selected 9 students from a total of 250+ candidates and I was one of them. I hope that my experience helps you getting selected. All the very best!
Big thanks to GeeksforGeeks for being such an amazing platform.
- Oracle Interview Experience | Set 53 (Placement Drive)
- IBM Placement Drive Experience
- TCS Interview experience - Off campus drive via NQT
- Dell EMC Drive Interview Experience
- VirtusaPolaris Interview Experience (Pool Drive)
- TCS Interview Experience | Set 3 (On-campus Recruitment Drive)
- Paytm Interview Experience | Set 5 (Recruitment Drive)
- SAP Labs Interview Experience | Set 22 (Pool Drive)
- Zoho Interview Experience | Set 10 (Off-Campus Drive)
- Enquero Interview Experience | Set 1 (Campus Drive)
- NXP Interview Experience | (Pool Campus Drive)
- Paytm Interview Experience | Set 4 (Walk-in Drive)
- TCS Interview Experience | Set 2 (On-campus Recruitment Drive)
- Informatica Interview Experience | Set 7 (Campus Drive)
- Adobe Interview Experience | Set 35 (Off-Campus Drive)
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.