Automated File Organizer using Tkinter in Python
File organization is helpful when you are trying to find a specific one in a pool of files and directories. It seems time-consuming and exhausting to check each file. In cases where the number of files are way too many and you have no idea where to find it exactly, file organization is a saviour.
This article discusses how this can be done using Tkinter. This module will create a GUI that will make the task of searching for a file not just fast but also interactive and simple.
- Tkinter : For creating graphical user interface
- Os : To interact with folders and files
- Shutil : To move files to specific folder
- Import module
- Create program window
- Select folder to be organized. This function will pop up a window where user will select the desired folder.
- Create button to start organizing files
- Add feedback message, so that the user has a clue what is going on
- Set criteria for files to be selected. This article organizes files using their extension.
- Create main
- Call function loop to GUI