You are given the length of the diagonal of a hexagon, d. Your task is to find the area of that hexagon.
Input : 5 Output : Area of Hexagon: 16.238 Input : 10 Output : Area of Hexagon: 64.9519
Hexagon is a regular polygon having six equal sides and all equal angles. The interior angles of Hexagon are of 120 degrees each and the sum of all angles of a Hexagon is 720 degrees.
Let d be the diagonal of Hexagon, then the formula to find the area of Hexagon given by
How does above formula work?
We know that area of hexagon with side length a = (3 √3(a)2 ) / 2. Since all sides are of same size and angle is 120 degree, d = 2a or a = d/2. After putting this value, we get area as (3 √3(d)2 ) / 8.
Below is the implementation .
Area of Hexagon: 64.952
Time Complexity: O(1)
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Find length of Diagonal of Hexagon
- Length of a Diagonal of a Parallelogram using the length of Sides and the other Diagonal
- Diagonal of a Regular Hexagon
- Area of a Hexagon
- Area of the Largest Triangle inscribed in a Hexagon
- Area of a circle inscribed in a regular hexagon
- Area of a square inscribed in a circle which is inscribed in a hexagon
- Maximum sum of elements in a diagonal parallel to the main diagonal of a given Matrix
- Count of Equilateral Triangles of unit length possible from a given Hexagon
- Area of a square from diagonal length
- Calculate area of pentagon with given diagonal
- Find the area of quadrilateral when diagonal and the perpendiculars to it from opposite vertices are given
- Program to calculate area of a rhombus whose one side and diagonal are given
- Area of a Square | Using Side, Diagonal and Perimeter
- Largest Square that can be inscribed within a hexagon
- Largest hexagon that can be inscribed within a square
- Largest hexagon that can be inscribed within an equilateral triangle
- Largest square that can be inscribed within a hexagon which is inscribed within an equilateral triangle
- Biggest Reuleaux Triangle inscribed within a square which is inscribed within a hexagon
- Number of coloured 0's in an N-level hexagon
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.