Given the length, breadth, height of a cuboid. The task is to divide the given cuboid in minimum number of cubes such that size of all cubes is same and sum of volumes of cubes is maximum.
Input : l = 2, b = 4, h = 6 Output : 2 6 A cuboid of length 2, breadth 4 and height 6 can be divided into 6 cube of side equal to 2. Volume of cubes = 6*(2*2*2) = 6*8 = 48. Volume of cuboid = 2*4*6 = 48. Input : 1 2 3 Output : 1 6
First of all, we are not allowed to waste volume of cuboid as we meed maximum volume sum. So, each side should be completely divide among all cubes. And since each of three side of cubes are equal, so each side of the cuboid need to be divisible by same number, say x, which will going to be the side of the cube. So, we have to maximize this x, which will divide given length, breadth and height. This x will be maximum only if it is greatest common divisor of given length, breadth and height. So, the length of the cube will be GCD of length, breadth and height.
Now, to compute number of cubes, we know total volume of cuboid and can find volume of one cube (since side is already calculated). So, total number of cubes is equal to (volume of cuboid)/(volume of cube) i.e (l * b * h)/(x * x * x).
Below is implementation of this approach:
GeeksforGeeks has prepared a complete interview preparation course with premium videos, theory, practice problems, TA support and many more features. Please refer Placement 100 for details
- Find maximum volume of a cuboid from the given perimeter and area
- Maximum number of region in which N non-parallel lines can divide a plane
- Length of longest rod that can fit into a cuboid
- Maximize volume of cuboid with given sum of sides
- Program for Volume and Surface Area of Cuboid
- Divide a number into two parts
- Divide 1 to n into two groups with minimum sum difference
- Count of integers that divide all the elements of the given array
- Convex Hull using Divide and Conquer Algorithm
- Count ways to divide circle using N non-intersecting chord | Set-2
- Closest Pair of Points using Divide and Conquer algorithm
- Count ways to divide circle using N non-intersecting chords
- Divide array into increasing and decreasing subsequence without changing the order
- Minimum cuts required to divide the Circle into equal parts
- Check if a line at 45 degree can divide the plane into two equal weight parts
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : vt_m