Given diameter and height, find the perimeter of a cylinder.
Perimeter is the length of the outline of a two – dimensional shape. A cylinder is a three – dimensional shape. So, technically we cannot find the perimeter of a cylinder but we can find the perimeter of the cross-section of the cylinder. This can be done by creating the projection on its base, thus, creating the projection on its side, then the shape would be reduced to a rectangle.
Perimeter of cylinder ( P ) =
here d is the diameter of the cylinder
h is the height of the cylinder
Input : diameter = 5, height = 10 Output : Perimeter = 30 Input : diameter = 50, height = 150 Output : Perimeter = 400
Perimeter = 30 units
- C Program for Find the perimeter of a cylinder
- Java Program for Find the perimeter of a cylinder
- Python Program for Find the perimeter of a cylinder
- Find Perimeter of a triangle
- Program to find the Perimeter of a Regular Polygon
- Program to find the Area and Perimeter of a Semicircle
- Program to find Perimeter / Circumference of Square and Rectangle
- Find perimeter of shapes formed with 1s in binary matrix
- Find maximum volume of a cuboid from the given perimeter and area
- Largest right circular cylinder within a cube
- Largest right circular cylinder within a frustum
- Longest rod that can be inserted within a right circular cylinder
- Largest cube that can be inscribed within a right circular cylinder
- Volume of biggest sphere within a right circular cylinder
- Volume of largest right circular cylinder within a Sphere
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.