Single Page Applications:
A single page application (SPA) is a web application that fits on a single page. All your code (JS, HTML, CSS) is recovered with a single page load. Also, navigate between pages performed without reviving the entire page. This is the reason behind its robustness.
Features of Angular 8:
Lazy-loaded modules: Lazy loading is based on the concepts of Angular Routing and it helps bring down the size of enormous files by lazily loading the data that are required. It uses standard dynamic import syntax instead of a custom string for lazy-loaded modules. This improvement will boost support from the editors VSCode and WebStorm, who would be able to evaluate and validate the imports. Likewise, TypeScript and linters will have the option to distinguish missing or incorrectly spelled modules better.
Differential Loading by Default: Differential loading in Angular 8.0 is the prime performance improvement in the update. Differential loading is where browsers will select streamlined or inheritance bundles as indicated by their capabilities and load the correct one automatically. Additionally, clients will receive the bundle they require. In Angular 8.0, the ng build command with the –prod extension does the entire bundling. The bundle size for modern browsers reduces by 7 to 20%.
Web Workers: Web workers are incorporated while constructing the production bundles which are fundamental in improving the parallelizability and helps increase the performance. Angular 8.0 thus adds building support to CLI which provides one bundle for every web worker.
Ivy Rendering Engine: Ivy is included in Angular 8.0 only as an opt-in preview for testing. Angular developers can give it a shot to decide the potential and execution of their Angular application.
Its two primary concepts include:
- Tree shakable:Unused code is removed so application concentrates on the code it is using.
- Local:Only the components that change are recompiled. This results in quicker compiling
Bazel Support: Bazel provides possibility to build CLI application more efficiently and quickly .The benefit of using bazel is the incremental steady form and tests. It provides an opportunity to make the backends and frontends with an equivalent device. It has a likelihood to have remote builds and reserve on the build farm.
Opt-In Usage Sharing: Opt-in sharing telemetry can collect data commands used and the fabricate speed if the user permits them, which will assist developers to improve later on. With this, the open-source web application framework will collect anonymous data only when permitted to do.
Router Backward Compatibility:In Angular 8.0, backward compatibility mode is added to Angular router that assists in creating the way for large projects and make it easier to move to Angular with lazy loading.
CLI Workflow Improvements: The new Builder APIs will take advantage of ng construct, ng test, and ng run a lot of like Schematics gives tap access to ng new, ng create, ng-include and ng update. The Angular CLI is consistently improving, and now the ng-build, ng-test, and ng-run are equipped to be extended by 3rd party libraries and tools. Angular 8.0 comes with a new API that makes modifying and perusing the document much less complex.
- Routing in Angular JS using Angular UI Router
- Angular CLI | Angular Project Setup
- Angular 7 | Angular Data Services using Observable
- Adding Angular Material Component to Angular Application
- Difference between Angular 4 and Angular 5
- Angular 7 | Introduction
- Angular 4 | Introduction
- Ant Design Introduction and Installation for Angular
- MDBootstrap Introduction and Installation for Angular
- How to change the font of HTML5 Canvas using a button in Angular.js?
- Angular-JS ng-repeat Directive
- How ajax works? Difference between angular js and jquery
- AngularJS | angular.isObject() Function
- AngularJS | angular.isUndefined() Function
- AngularJS | angular.isNumber() Function
- AngularJS | angular.isString() Function
- AngularJS | angular.isDefined() Function
- AngularJS | angular.isDate() Function
- AngularJS | angular.toJson() Function
- AngularJS | angular.element() Function
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.