Given a circle whose chord and tangent meet at a particular point. The angle in the alternate segment is given. The task here is to find the angle between the chord and the tangent.
Input: z = 48 Output: 48 degrees Input: z = 64 Output: 64 degrees
- Let, angle BAC is the given angle in the alternate segment.
- let, the angle between the chord and circle = angle CBY = z
- as line drawn from center on the tangent is perpendicular,
- so, angle OBC = 90-z
- as, OB = OC = radius of the circle
- so, angle OCB = 90-z
- now, in triangle OBC,
angle OBC + angle OCB + angle BOC = 180
angle BOC = 180 – (90-z) – (90-z)
angle BOC = 2z
- as angle at the circumference of a circle is half the angle at the centre subtended by the same arc,
so, angle BAC = z
- hence, angle BAC = angle CBY
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
The angle between tangent and the chord is 48 degrees
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Angle subtended by the chord when the angle subtended by another chord of same length is given
- Angle subtended by the chord to center of the circle when the angle subtended by the another equal chord of a congruent circle is given
- Program to calculate angle on circumference subtended by the chord when the central angle subtended by the chord is given
- Length of the chord of the circle whose radius and the angle subtended at the center by the chord is given
- Distance of chord from center when distance between center and another equal length chord is given
- Length of the chord the circle if length of the another chord which is equally inclined through the diameter is given
- Nth angle of a Polygon whose initial angle and per angle increment is given
- Maximize the given number by replacing a segment of digits with the alternate digits given
- Find middle point segment from given segment lengths
- Distance between centers of two intersecting circles if the radii and common chord length is given
- Exterior angle of a cyclic quadrilateral when the opposite interior angle is given
- Area of Triangle using Side-Angle-Side (length of two sides and the included angle)
- Length of the transverse common tangent between the two non intersecting circles
- Length of the direct common tangent between two externally touching circles
- Length of direct common tangent between the two non-intersecting Circles
- Length of direct common tangent between two intersecting Circles
- Find Tangent at a given point on the curve
- Radii of the three tangent circles of equal radius which are inscribed within a circle of given radius
- Find the Diameter or Longest chord of a Circle
- Shortest distance from the centre of a circle to a chord
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.