The Selection process started with an Online Coding round.
20 MCQ and 2 Coding Questions:
MCQs were from OOPs, OS, DBMS, Networking etc.
- Rotate the given Matrix by a factor k. Input is given as two integers n,m (row and column of the matrix). Followed by n lines with m space separated integers as all the elements of the matrix. Last line has an integer k.
Input: 3 3 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 2 Output: 7 4 1 8 5 2 9 6 3
- Given a string. Find all the palindromic partitions of the string. (Number of way the string can be partitioned so that all the partitions are palindrome)
Input: str = "NITIN" OUTPUT: 3 N I T I N N ITI N NITIN
He asked coding questions straight away –
- Add two numbers without using +,- operator, recursion or loop.
Try to think in terms of half adder.
- Postfix to prefix without using recursion.
- Given an array of numbers. What is the largest no possible by concatenating all the numbers together.
Input: 5 21 30 1 9 98 Output: 99830211
- Write the heapify code.
- Level order traversal of a tree. Further he asked to optimise the code.
- Given a matrix. ‘0’ means empty room, ‘1’ means door, ‘-1’ means a wall. For every cell as an empty room find the distance to the nearest door (One cannot go through a wall).
Input: 5 5 0 0 1 -1 1 0 -1 0 0 -1 0 0 -1 0 -1 1 -1 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 Output: 2 1 0 -1 0 2 -1 1 2 -1 1 2 -1 2 -1 0 -1 0 1 2 1 2 1 2 3
The door would be replaced with 0 as the distance to the nearest door would be 0.
I started by a backtracking solution. But the guy didn’t know what it was. I gave many more solutions and concluded with an O(N) bfs solution.
Guys answer straight. Do not answer very complex algorithms, even though they are correct. Try to provide as brute-force solution as possible.
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 387 (On -Campus for Full Time)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 388 (On -Campus for Full Time)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 377 (On-campus for Full time)
- Amazon Interview Experience | 399 (On Campus for full time)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 403 (On Campus for Full Time)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 389 (On -Campus for Full Time)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 394 (On-Campus Full Time)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 227 (On-Campus for Internship and Full-Time)
- Microsoft Interview Experience (Full Time 2018 Washington DC - with 2.5 years of experience)
- C-DOT (Interview Experience for full time)
- Gwynnie Bee Interview Experience (Full Time)
- Microsoft IDC Interview Experience (For Full Time)
- Oyo Rooms Interview Experience | SDE-Full Time
- HP R&D Interview Experience (On-Campus, full time)
- GwynnieBee Interview Experience (Full Time)