Input: A array arr of two elements having value 0 and 1
Output: Make both elements 0.
Specifications: Following are the specifications to follow.
1) It is guaranteed that one element is 0 but we do not know its position.
2) We can’t say about another element it can be 0 or 1.
3) We can only complement array elements, no other operation like and, or, multi, division, …. etc.
4) We can’t use if, else and loop constructs.
5) Obviously, we can’t directly assign 0 to array elements.
There are several ways we can do it as we are sure that always one Zero is there. Thanks to devendraiiit for suggesting following 3 methods.
This method doesn’t even need complement.
Thanks to purvi for suggesting this method.
There may be many more methods.
Please write comments if you find the above codes incorrect, or find other ways to solve the same problem.
- Find the two non-repeating elements in an array of repeating elements
- Program to count number of set bits in an (big) array
- Count inversions in an array | Set 3 (Using BIT)
- Find the maximum subarray XOR in a given array
- Sum of Bitwise And of all pairs in a given array
- Find even occurring elements in an array of limited range
- Count all pairs of an array which differ in K bits
- Construct an array from XOR of all elements of array except element at same index
- Find Duplicates of array using bit array
- Find missing number in another array which is shuffled copy
- Reverse an array without using subtract sign ‘-‘ anywhere in the code
- Check in binary array the number represented by a subarray is odd or even
- Replace every element of the array with BitWise XOR of all other
- Add minimum number to an array so that the sum becomes even
- Find Unique pair in an array with pairs of numbers