Problem – Write a program to add two 16-bit numbers where starting address is 2000 and the numbers are at 3000 and 3002 memory address and store result into 3004 and 3006 memory address.
- Load 0000H into CX register (for carry)
- Load the data into AX(accumulator) from memory 3000
- Load the data into BX register from memory 3002
- Add BX with Accumulator AX
- Jump if no carry
- Increment CX by 1
- Move data from AX(accumulator) to memory 3004
- Move data from CX register to memory 3006
|2000||MOV||CX, 0000||[CX] <- 0000|
|2003||MOV||AX, ||[AX] <- |
|2007||MOV||BX, ||[BX] <- |
|200B||ADD||AX, BX||[AX] <- [AX] + [BX]|
|200D||JNC||2010||Jump if no carry|
|200F||INC||CX||[CX] <- [CX] + 1|
|2010||MOV||, AX|| <- [AX]|
|2014||MOV||, CX|| <- [CX]|
- MOV is used to load and store data.
- ADD is used to add two numbers where their one number is in accumulator or not.
- JNC is a 2-bit command which is used to check whether the carry is generated from accumulator or not.
- INC is used to increment an register by 1.
- HLT is used to stop the program.
- AX is an accumulator which is used to load and store the data.
- BX, CX are general purpose registers where BX is used for storing second number and CX is used to store carry.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- 8086 program to add two 16 bit BCD numbers with carry
- 8085 program to sum of two 8 bit numbers without carry
- 8086 program to add two 8 bit BCD numbers
- 8086 program to subtract two 16-bit numbers with or without borrow
- 8086 program to add the content of one segment to another segment
- 8086 program to multiply two 16-bit numbers
- 8086 program to multiply two 8 bit numbers
- 8086 program to subtract two 8 bit BCD numbers
- 8086 program to subtract two 16 bit BCD numbers
- 8086 program to find GCD of two numbers and print the GCD
- 8086 program to determine squares of numbers in an array of n numbers
- 8086 program to determine cubes of numbers in an array of n numbers
- 8086 program to determine product of corresponding elements of two array elements
- 8086 program to determine sum of corresponding elements of two arrays
- 8086 program to determine subtraction of corresponding elements of two arrays
- 8086 program to determine largest number in an array of n numbers
- 8086 program to find sum of odd numbers in a given series
- 8086 program to find average of n numbers
- 8086 program to find sum of Even numbers in a given series
- 8086 program to generate AP series of n numbers
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.