Zynga Interview Experience | Set 1
Round 1 (F2F 1.5 hour)
- OS concepts – semaphors and fork
- Average of two numbers , how do you handle over flow? and generalise the same for stream of numbers https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/average-of-a-stream-of-numbers/ and
- Check if binary tree is symmetric ( structurally as well as value) http://www.
geeksforgeeks.org/symmetric- tree-tree-which-is-mirror- image-of-itself/
- missing number in array of n numbers – solved using xor
- write a function for isPrime – O(√n) complexity
- In client and server model, how to decrease reponse time – discussed various methods
Round 2 (F2F 1 hour)
- what is REST? what could be the ways implemented before REST?
- how authentication works? – discussion on cookies, OAuth
- find all pairs that add up to give sum k in array of numbers
- how hash works when key is a string?
- what are advantages of sql and nosql dbs, distributed system concepts like sharding, replication, master-slave
Round 3 (F2F 1 hour)
- discussion on projects
- what is priority queue and its implementation – heap with array
- detect and find loop in linked list
Round 4 (skype interview)
- remove duplicates in sorted linked list – they check the coding practices and make sure you go through and discuss the code with all test cases
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article and mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course. In case you are prepared, test your skills using TCS, Wipro, Amazon. Google , E-Litmus and Microsoft Test Serieses.