The interview was held in the Bengaluru Studio.
For more than 1 yr experienced.
There were 3 technical F2F rounds and all rounds were white boarding rounds where production ready code (if asked) was to be written.
Round 1: 1 hr
There were 3 questions in this round :
- Parse and check if a list of ip addresses are valid addresses – https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/program-to-validate-an-ip-address/
- Convert a roman number to decimal – https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/converting-roman-numerals-decimal-lying-1-3999/
- Minesweeper game design and code – More on different components and how to go about writing the code – Can be solved using graph algorithms like DFS/BFS.
Apart from the above questions, in depth discussion about Maps in Java and C++. How maps handle collisions – Linear probing and Chaining concepts. How are hash functions implemented.
Discussion on previous work experience and technologies used.
Round 2: 1 hr
- Detailed discussion on concurrency in OS – Semaphore, Mutex locks, Threads – Binary Semaphore vs Counting Semaphore.
- Discussion on Java concepts like Garbage collection and Threads. How Garbage collector removes unused references?
- What are smart pointers in C++.
- Further discussion on Maps and different types of map implementations in Java ( TreeMap, Linked Hash Map etc. )
- Design and code how a chat UI handles stream of incoming messages in bounded screen ( Whatsapp, Facebook chat screens ). Some idea about android UI helped me to solve this. I gave a solution using LinkedLists and RecyclerView ( Android concept). Interviewer wasn’t completely satisfied with the solution. Discussions on stuff like – scroll speed, gesture control etc. on the UI.
Round 3: Hiring Manager round – 1.5 hrs
- Discussion on previous work experience and technologies worked on.
- Question on tree – https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/print-level-order-traversal-line-line/
- https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/zigzag-tree-traversal/ – a variation of above question.
- https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/given-a-sequence-of-words-print-all-anagrams-together/ – Solution using hashmap and sorting preferred.
- Discussion on maps and collisions.
- Interviewer asked me to roughly draw the architecture of the application on which I worked in my previous firm. He asked me the technology used and role of each component in the architecture.
- Brief Discussion on TCP vs UDP. Different layers in TCP/IP model and what each layer is responsible for.
- Discussion on previous projects .
- Why I want to join Zynga and expectations from the company.
I was finally selected and I accepted the offer.
The interview experience was really amazing and the interviewers were very friendly and helpful.
- Zynga Interview Experience
- Zynga Interview Experience
- Zynga Interview Experience | Set 1
- Zynga Interview Experience | On-Campus
- OLA Interview Experience | For Experienced -SDE-2
- HCL Interview Experience | Set 2 (For Experienced)
- OYO Interview Experience | Set 4 (For 5+ Experienced)
- Huawei Interview Experience | OnSite Interview ( 5 years experienced)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 433 (SDE 2 for Experienced)
- Microsoft Interview Experience | Set 171 (Experienced)
- Oyo Interview Experience | 3.5 years Experienced for SDE-2
- Amazon interview experience for Experienced
- Amazon interview Experience | Set 140 (Experienced for SDE)
- Qualcomm Interview Experience | Set 8 (Experienced)
- Paytm Interview Experience | Set 10 (For Experienced)
- SAP Labs Interview Experience | Set 6 (Experienced)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 294 (Experienced)
- Qualcomm Interview Experience | Set 5(For Experienced)
- LinkedIn Interview Experience - Experienced
- Paytm Interview Experience (For Experienced)
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.