I had an interview with VeriFone India Bangalore for the Software Development Engineer position (2021 Graduates). It was an off-campus opportunity, I applied through an employee referral.
I got a call from HR within 10 days of applying regarding the interview process. The overall process was smooth and mainly focused on data structures and algorithms and core java concepts.
Round 1(Online Assignment): 30 mins
- We have 30 mins to solve 30 questions.
- Basic aptitude and puzzles related questions.
- A very easy test you just need speed to clear this round.
- The cutoff for this round was 26/30.
Round 2(Interview 1): 1hr 10mins
- The first round of interview begins with the introduction, first, he briefs his journey as a software developer at Verifone then he asked me to introduce myself.
- Then he briefs me regarding the whole interview process and the total number of rounds. He said there will be a total of 3 interview rounds (2 technical and 1 managerial) and still if they have any doubts regarding the candidature they can extend it to 4 rounds.
- After that interviewer moved on to a few coding questions while asking me to share my screen and open any IDE to code.
- The first question he asked was to Sort 0, 1, 2 array.
- At first told him an algorithm using simply counting 0s,1s,2s and then rearranging them. Time and space complexity for this is O(n). Then he asked me to think of an algorithm with O(1) space complexity. Finally, told him the 3 pointer approach having O(n) time and O(1) space complexity. Then he asked me to code this in JAVA and print the output for different test cases.
- Then he asked me a graph-related question. The question was if there are 4 files containing code let say A, B, C, D and there are dependencies like (A–>B, A–>C, A–>D, B–>C, C–>D, D–>B) here dependencies means we cannot load file A without loading file B, C, D. He asked me to come up the with the order in which we can load files there can be multiple answers.
- Then he asked me another question based on graphs I don’t remember the exact question but the solution for this was DFS of the graph. He asked me to write code for it in JAVA.
- I used the iterator in the above question, so he asked me to tell the difference between for loop and iterator and write code for the same.
- Then he asked me to tell the difference between iterator, enumerations, and list iterator.
Round 3(Interview 2): 55mins
- This round is more focused on core java concepts, but first, there was a discussion about projects mentioned on my resume.
- The interviewer asked me questions about multithreading, error handling, Collections.
- She also asked me questions about inheritance in java, abstraction concepts, etc.
Round 4(Interview 3): 35 – 45 mins
- This is the managerial round where we had a discussion about the job, some behavioral questions were asked.
2 week later I got a call from HR that I got selected for the job.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course. In case you are prepared, test your skills using TCS, Wipro, Amazon and Microsoft Test Serieses.