v-bind Directive in Vue.js
The v-bind directive is a Vuejs directive used to bind one or more attributes, or a component prop to an element. If that attribute is binded to our data defined in Vuejs instance then dynamically changes can be observed as data changes. First, we will create a div element with id as app and let’s apply the v-bind directive to a element. Further, we can use a button execute a function when click even occurs which will inverse the value of data.
Since developers use this attribute too often, Vuejs provides a shorthand for this attribute as follows:
Things we can do with v-bind:
- Multiple classes can be passed.
- Classes can be passed as arrays.
- Supports variables to be assigned as a condition for classes and props.
- Supports variable as arrays also.
- It can be used in child components also.
- Inline styles can also be assigned using v-bind.
Parameters: This directive accepts expression which will be deciding which attribute value to use.
Example: This example uses Vuejs to toggle the classes of an element with v-bind. Further, we will use CSS to apply a different color to each class so that we can see them changing.